Carpet fibers treatment is performed in order to restore and repair the crushed fibers which lose their strength and stiffness over the course of time. Carpet fibers start to lose their strength due to excessive use and large dented areas may start to appear on the carpet. These dented areas give an uninviting look to the carpet due to which most people tend to purchase new carpet which can the expensive. Though we recommend users to replace their carpet after an appropriate time, however, it may not always be the most economical solution in case of dented carpet fibers. Therefore, in this article, we will explain how users can carry out carpet fibers treatment that will help them restore the stiffness and strength of the carpet fibers.
Supplies required to perform the fibers treatment
In order to perform the carpet fibers treatment, the users do not need any commercial item and the process can be easily performed at home using the home supplies. Some of the supplies required for performing carpet fibers treatment are as follows:
- Vacuum cleaner: It is an essential item for cleaning the carpets in a highly effective manner. It can help remove dust and dirt particles, which may be present on the carpet surface.
- Ice cubes: The ice cubes will help in the process of repairing the dented areas, as they will provide strength and stiffness to the carpet fibers. Get more info about how to perform the process to clean plexiglass here.
Procedure to repair the dented carpet fibers
We recommend users to ensure the availability of supplies in order to perform the carpet fibers treatment. Similarly, we also recommend the users to apply the ice cubes on a hidden portion of the carpet in order to test their reaction with the carpet material. In case, the ice cubes do not react negatively with carpet material then users should perform the steps given below:
- In the first step, clean the carpet with the help of a vacuum cleaner.
- Now, take an appropriate amount of ice cubes in a bowl.
- Now, place the ice cubes on the carpet in such a way that they are 2 inches apart from each other. We recommend only covering the dented areas of the carpet, as it is not necessary to cover the whole carpet area.
- Let the ice cubes melt on the carpet and dry completely afterword.
- Vacuum clean the carpet again.
- Inspect the carpet fibers, as the process would have restored their strength. Perform the process again in case better results are required.